Thursday, February 17, 2011

Light So Shine Sharing time

Light bulb from http://www.clker.com/cliparts/c/7/2/0/1194989704344503149lightbulb_jon_phillips_05.svg.hi.png
puzzle decorations(didn't really use them in the lesson, but could have had the kids put it together) for gameboard found from http://www.lds.org/friend/1999/10/sharing-time-let-your-light-shine?lang=eng&query=let+your+light+so+shine

Sharing time- I can follow Jesus Christ’s example
Have a bag and have objects lantern, flashlight, candle, nightlight, picture of Jesus Christ,

(on picture of Jesus)- 3 Nephi 18:16… “Behold I am the light; I have set an example for you.” What do these have in common? They all give light. They all show us the way to go. Jesus Christ is the light that shows us the way we should go in our life. If we follow Jesus, we will be on the correct path and if we stay close to Him, we can have His light shine through our very eyes to others

  24 Therefore, hold up your light that it may shine unto the world. Behold I am the light which ye shall hold up—that which ye have seen me do.
By following his example (or the way we should live) we can THEN be an example to others around us and help give others light. We are going to discover ways we can be lights or good examples through a game called, “Let your Light So Shine” game. In 3 Nephi 12:16 we read, “Therefore let your light so shine before this people, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father who is in heaven.” Scripture on board from Primary Partners, "bite size memorize" Mary Ross and Jennette Guymon-King
We are going to roll the dice and move across this gameboard. We will probably not get to the end, but will try and get as far as we can! If we land on a large light bulb, you will have the opportunity to pick off  the “Let your light so shine” bulb and discover/learn a way to be a good example. Then put the light bulb around Jesus Christ. someone will pick a picture that matches the large light bulb's situation and tell how they can be a good example in that place or when they did something that helped shine the light of Jesus.
**Pictures on board- With friends, primary class, school, family, neighbor’s house, baby sister or brother, etc.

To close, I would like to sing this bible song that has been around in many churches for a long time.
Everyone pretend their fingers are candle lights and listen and sing if you know it.
This little gospel light of mine, I’m gonna let it shine
This little gospel light of mine, I’m gonna let it shine
This little gospel light of mine, I’m gonna let it shine, let it shine, all the time, let it shine!

All around the neighborhood, I’m gonna let it shine
All around the neighborhood, I’m gonna let it shine
All around the neighborhood, I’m gonna let it shine, let it shine, all the time, let it shine

Hide it under a bushel, NO!, I’m gonna let it shine
Hide it under a bushel, NO!, I’m gonna let it shine
Hide it under a bushel, NO!, I’m gonna let it shine, let it shine, all the time, let it shine!!

I hope you will go home and think of ways you can let your gospel light shine to others and be a good example like Jesus.



No comments:

Post a Comment